Are you a new driver and anxious about how will you change a flat tyre if it gets punctured on the road? Well, tyre changing is a very basic skill that every driver should learn. Do not depend on those on call services which can come to your rescue in case of a roadside emergency. If you have to commute in your vehicle every day then you need a permanent solution and the only way is to learn yourself about changing tyres. Do not worry it is not some rocket science. You just have to follow some guidelines and that’s all.
- Firstly, you will need few items such as lug wrench, jack, fully inflated spare tyre, wheel wedges and flashlight. You can even buy extra car tyres online.
- So, the moment you realize that your tire is flat, do not abruptly take a turn or brake. Reduce the car speed slowly and park it in either an empty parking lot or some level ground.
- Once your car some to a stop, switch on the hazard lights which will allow the other drives to see that you are on the road and this can help in avoiding any mishap from taking place.
- Next you need to apply the parking brake while you prepare to replace your tyre, so that the vehicle does not end up rolling.
- Just apply the wheel wedges and then you have to remove the wheel cover. Lug nuts need to be loosened and then the jack needs to be placed under the vehicle.
- Next you have to raise the vehicle with the help of the jack and replace the flat tyre with the new one and then make sure that the lug bolts are tightened. Once you lower the vehicle, again check if the lug nuts are tightened properly.